To run Moodle effectively you should, as a minimum, use the system components listed on this page. If you do not, Moodle may still work but some functionality may be lost. Workplace IT environments' internal configurations can also restrict the functionality of Moodle. Access to content may be affected, as may the possibility of uploading files. File size limitations may also apply. Workplaces may also have older versions of software, and Moodle may not perform well with these.
Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX Yosemite, iPad IOS8
Compatible browsers include:
- Google Chrome 32 bit version 38 or later (recommended for optimal compatibility, this has been thoroughly tested on Windows)
- Safari 8 or later (recommended for optimal compatibility, this has been thoroughly tested on Mac)
- Mozilla Firefox 35.0 or later
* Note that add-ons and toolbars can affect any browser's performance.
We recommend that the following be enabled:
- Pop-ups (in both Internet browser and security software)
With all firewalls, ensure that you enable uploading of files.